Thursday, November 8, 2007

Guilty Pleasure #528

Ok, I have a confession to make. I Sarah Danson, chosen person, Jewish proclaimer, and daughter of a Rabbi, I love Christmas time. I love everything about it. The smells, the crazy consumerism, the lights, the food, the bad music, the bad movies, everything. Now admittedly by the time Christmas itself comes around, I'm ready to shoot the next person who wishes me a Merry Christmas. However, I love right around this time of year where you can feel the excitement for it building. I love the chill in the air, the sense of anticipation that you can feel in everyone's movements, and the way that people don't quite talk about it yet. I love it.

Two days in to the actual season I always laugh at myself, because really how many times can one listen to Feliz Navidad before becoming certifiably insane. I know that when I want to cry in a month at the amount of people at big box stores I'll laugh at this post. However, right now I'm loving the pre-Christmas spirit. And damn right I'm gonna go see Fred Clause.

Ice-cream flavor of the week- Gingerbread-Egg Nog.

3 comments:

Ari Ballaban said...

Sarah,

I know another Jewish, child of a rabbi who enjoys christmas time.

Particularly the lights, they're awesome!

Gwyneth Arnold-Starr said...

Most things about the Christmas you're talking about are completley secular (some are pagan but mostly secular) All Jews should enjoy it. When you start auditioning for Christmas pagents and join a church choir then we'll start to worry.

My favorite part is the tree, especially when it's all finished and decorated!

katie said...

I hope you continue to post at least once a week. :)